Friday, December 03, 2010

Photo writer Stan Trzoniec suggests using the Vari-ND and Soft-Ray Diffuser together

The fact that veteran photographer and outdoor writer Stan Trzoniec lives in New England might account for his enthusiasm for the fall season. "Autumn has always been my favorite time to be out in the field with my camera. In fact, my recently published book, Autumn in the Country, follows the changing colors of this annual pageant all around the United States.

"While I was working on that book, my Singh-Ray Vari-ND and Soft-Ray Diffuser filters were always in my backpack, and it was not long before I decided to use them together while photographing this idyllic section of Roaring Brook where the stream converges on the upper part of its flow near Arlington, Vermont. The Vari-ND variable density filter enabled me to slow down my exposure of the water to create a more flowing effect, and the Soft-Ray Diffuser gave the entire scene an incandescent glow that resembles the feeling of pictures painted by the old masters. I was really impressed by how well the two filters worked together on my Nikon D3x with the Nikon 24-120mm f/4 lens to produce this stunning photo.

"It's no wonder why I never leave home without these two important Singh-Ray filters!"

While traveling the country for his various writing projects, Stan is always on the lookout for wildlife and landscape photos. For more information, visit his website.

No comments: